Video as a content marketing format is continuing to surge in 2017, and projected to claim 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
If you don’t already have a video marketing strategy in place for your website and social media, you’re missing a tremendous opportunity to reach and engage with your audience.
Here are a few statistics published on Forbes to help you understand exactly how popular video marketing has become:
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
Video Consumption in the UAE and The Region
Video consumption in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Turkey exceeds the global average due to the increased social networking and app usage on smartphones. Additionally, online users in the UAE expect more fresh content and higher quality video. These two factors appear to be more important in the UAE than other developed markets in the region, according to an article published by the Arabian Marketer.
- Video Marketing: The Future Of Content Marketing. (2017, February). Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2017/02/03/video-marketing-the-future-of-content-marketing/#279e5216b535
- Arabian Marketer. (2016, February). UAE Onliners Seek Content Freshness, Higher Video Quality. Retrieved from http://arabianmarketer.ae/uae-onliners-seek-content-freshness-higher-video-quality/